OktoKopter XL ARF
Order here: Shop
The Okto-XL is available in a ARF (Almost ready to Fly) - Version.
Only a few steps are nessecary:
- Assemble the Lipo-holder
- Attach the landing gear
- Attach the receiver
- Mount the propellers
No soldering nessecary!
All electronic devices are tested, programmed and configurated.
GPS and NaviCtrl are already included.
The ARF-Okto is already configurated for the mx-32 and mx.32 HoTT Transmitters. So it is the easiest way to start.
Video: Okto XL in a storm
All major functions of the OktoKopter can be controlled from ground:
- Pitch / roll / yaw and trottle to fly
- GPS mode
- Altitude controller
- Camera tilt
- Camera control (video start / stop or continuous shooting)
- Direction independent control mode "Carefree"
The following values are displayed in the Telemetry menu:
- Battery voltage [V]
- Flight time [min:sec]
- Used Lipo Capacity [mAh]
- Altitude [m]
Direction of the MikroKopter [°]
- Current [A]
- Number of GPS satellites
- Speed [km/H]
- Distance and direction to the starting position [m],[°]
- Error message in plain text when needed
Additionally you can have additional information such as the single temperatures of each motor controller (Brushless ESC).
The transmitter has a built-in speech output. So, all values of the telemetry are available as an announcement.
Example: If you move the GPS switch to the "hold position", says the station "GPS hold".
In addition, important messages are spoken automatically like "Low Voltage".
- Dimensions 73x73x36 (BxLxH)
- Payload: recommended max. payload = 2500g
- Max. altitude: Line of sight (several 100m)
- Max. distance: Line of sight (several 100m)
- Flight time: max. 45min at full battery load (30Ah)
- Realistic flight time: 18-28Min (10Ah) See tables below
- Telemetry with speech: Voltage, capacity, current, altitude, distance, direction, speed, temperature, ...
The flight times can be read in the diagrams below
Flight time over capacity
There are three different curves below
Hoovering -> with no wind and e.g. position Hold
Normal -> in light wind and normal flight
Sportive -> high winds or fast flight
- Example: max. 28.6 min at 10.000mAh (e.g. 2 * 5.000mAh parallel)
- Example: max. 40.5 min at 20.000mAh (e.g. 4 * 5.000mAh parallel)
Flight time over load capacity with 10Ah Lipo
Here are also the three curves (see above)
The curves are calculated for a 10.000 Lipo.
- Example: Without payload: max. 28,6 min
- Example: With 1000g payload: max 20min
Carbon frame parts
easy access to the data interface
stronger aluminium riggers (1,5mm)